Sunday, August 31, 2008

Welcome to Arizona!

Well we finally made it to Arizona! It was quite the trip with lots of drama but we are here. We were supposed to be moving in to a condo but when we got here we walked in to the condo and I just started crying! It was so dirty and it stunk so bad! There was trash everywhere and the closet doors were just laying on the floor and it was not livable! So we called the landlord and told him we wanted our money back and then we all climbed in the car and started apartment searching! We were all so tired from the six hour drive to get here and this was the last thing we needed but after six or so tries we finally found somewhere we liked that could get us in immediately. This is the view of our apartment from the outside. Unfortunately we are on the second floor which made moving in so much harder! Poor Dallen walked up and down those stairs a million times carrying in all our stuff! He was such a hard worker in that Arizona heat and I was grateful to have such a great husband to move all our stuff! This is the view from our back porch that building there is the pool house. The pool is right on the other side but you can't really see it. I didn't want to go down to the pool with my camera because I felt like a dork! But the pool is so nice and the boys and I have spent a ton of time there already.

This is our back porch and laundry room. The laundry room is out there so that when you do your laundry it doesn't make your house hot.
This is the view from our front door. Its actually a pretty big living room but you can't really tell from the pictures.
This is the hall that leads to our bedroom the bathroom and the boys room.
This is the dining room and the door that leads out to our balcony.

This is the view of the kitchen from the hall. There are still a few boxes left out and my curtains and a few shelves still need to be hung, but other than that we are pretty much unpacked.
This is the view of the kitchen from the dining room. I am so used to my old kitchen and all the cupboard space! I don't have room here to put everything in its own cupboard but oh well.
This is Jaxon's bed. He was excited to put a picture of his bed on the computer. I tried to get him to sit on his bed and be in the picture but he wouldn't.
This is Austin's bed and their dresser. I have a shelf that still needs to be hung that hangs over the crib and all the stuff on the dresser goes on that shelf.
This is the boys closet and toys. I still need to hang their curtains and really organize everything but they seem to like it.
This is the main bathroom. Dallen really wanted a golf room so I compromised and told him we could have a golf bathroom. I set out to find stuff we would both like and I actually really like the way it turned out.
I don't think this is exactly what he had in mind when he said he wanted a golf room but he likes it anyway.

This is the bathroom in our bedroom. My bathroom decor and my bedroom decor don't match but this is what I had so I will just have to live with it.

This is the sink and cupboards where our bedroom meets the bathroom. This is in our bedroom and the shower and toilet have a door that shuts so you have privacy.Our room is kind of long and skinny so there was no way to get it all in one shot!
We are happy to be here and settled and we are happy with the place we found to live! It is going to be an exciting time for our family and we are looking forward to the next 16 months here while Dallen finishes school.














5 comments:

Camren and Tiffany said...

Kally the apartment looks awsome you have have decorated more in your one week there than I have in my three years in my house it looks so nice! I am excited for you it looks like you guys a re really going to like it there and it seems like you will have plenty of space! we miss you guys but hopefully it will just be for the next year and a half!

Jess & Jessica said...

I love you apartment! It is huge. Your view from the backyard is beautiful. I bet you guys are going to love being there. The temple is so pretty!! Good luck you guys!!

:) Jessica and Jess Pickett

Anonymous said...

The Apartment looks like it fits you just right!!! How is everything going so far? Are you still liking it? Well we love you and are excited for the new start for you and your family!!!

Brad and Lisa said...

I love it! You are so quick to get things decorated and settled! Good job! You're apartment is very cute and I'm glad your living area space is big so that Brad and I have a place to sleep when we come visit! :o) We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!

Spilter said...

I seriously almost started to cry when you described your condo I am so sorry. Glad you found this place it looks fantastic. It looks so big and nice. Wow you are amazing your house is decorated so darn cute. I need you to come help me. And so fast you are a so awesome seriously and you have two kids. Love everything really!! You are great. Enjoy your new adventure.
Amber