Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

We had a great 4Th of July this year. The 4Th has always been one of my favorite holidays because I am so proud to be an American. I had to start my post off with a salute to my brother who is away with the Air Force. Michael I wanted to thank you and all the other servicemen and women for your selfless service for our country. We were able to celebrate with family and friends while you were all so far from those you hold dear. Thank you for your sacrifice so that I can be a free American citizen. We are so blessed to live in a free nation and I am grateful there are still noble and courageous men and women willing to fight to maintain all we have. We missed you and hope you had a good holiday even though you were far away from us! You are the best and we love you more than you'll ever know! Thank you for being our Hero! To start off the day Dallen and I and the boys met up with my family and went to the parade! It was a lot of fun and the boys loved seeing all the horses and flags!
I think their favorite part of the parade was all the candy they got to collect as the cars and floats passed by! We came home with lots of candy.

We have to thank Dallen and my dad for the great seats we had. They went out and got us a spot an hour and a half before the parade started and I am sure glad they did because we had really good seats!
After the parade we went up to my sister Lisa's house and we ate great food and hung out and then went out with all her neighbors and did fireworks. Jaxon held this sparkler but you can tell by the look on his face that he didn't really like it!

Austin wouldn't hold the sparkler but he would let grandma hold it and he would just watch.
Jaxon did not like the noisy fireworks. We ended up going in the house early because the boys weren't big fans of the fireworks. They liked them until they started lighting the fireworks that scream and then they had had enough!
It was a great holiday and we had a really good time. Thanks to Brad and Lisa for letting us come up and make a mess in your house! We had a great time and we were happy to spend the day with family and friends!










1 comments:

Unknown said...

My kids didn't like the fireworks too much either! They did ok though! Sounds like you had a good time with family!You and dallen are cute together!